For 2023, please read carefully!
To be eligible for End of Series Awards, runners must complete the following:
- 2 races 10k or under (options- luck of Irish 7K, Hayden Cog 5K, Sprit Challenge 5k/10K, Howelsen Hill 4M, Spring Creek 5K, CDT 5M, 10k@10,000 5K, Emerald Mountain 4M, Steamboat Marathon 10K)
- 3 races longer than 10k (options-Hayden Cog 8M, Steamboat Marathon 13M/26M, Howelsen Hill 8M, Hahn’s Peak 8M, Spring Creek 9.5M, EM Epic 13M/26M, CDT 50K/16M, 10k at 10,000 10k because it is almost 7M, Run Rabbit Run 100M/50M, Emerald Mountain 12K)
- If you are in the 12 and under age category or the 70+ category, there are no rules on how many races you need to do or what distances, just show up and run as many as you can, in any distance you would like!
- Only to be eligible for end of season AG awards must you complete a minimum of 5 races out of 12 races and 23 distances offered. We welcome anyone to come and run any 1 race, this is only if you are trying to garner points and win the Overall M/F or win your AG for the season
Points for each race will be awarded as follows:
- The Steamboat Marathon, Emerald Mountain Epic, and Run Rabbit Run are included in our point series.
- 1st place – 10 points
- 2nd place – 9 points
- 3rd place – 8 points
- 4th place – 7 points
- 5th place – 6 points
- 6th place – 5 points
- 7th place – 4 points
- 8th place – 3 points
- 9th place – 2 points
- 10th place – 1 point
Age Group Winners:
- 1st place – 10 points
- 2nd place – 8 points
- 3rd place – 6 points
- 4th place – 4 points
- 5th place – 2 points
Age Group Categories M and F:
- 12 and under
If you age out of your category before the last pointed race, you will be moved up to your new age category and any previous points will be carried over.
In addition to podium prizes at each race, we will have end of series prize packs for the overall M and F series winners and overall series age group winners. Race often to earn points!
Steamboat Springs Code of Conduct:
Participants must follow all directions and rules. Any cutting of courses, arguing with volunteers, being unkind to fellow runners or race directors, or stealing of raffle prizes, etc. will result in disqualification, or removal from our series.
Please help the Steamboat Springs Running Series in keeping our events safe and healthy for the community. If you are sick, stay at home.